Sunday, April 15, 2012

MARCH

SO SAD
Sadly... I lost the SD card that has all of my pictures on it from the beginning of this year. If it turns up I will add pictures to this post- if not... oh well. I guess I will be buying another card. :(
UPDATE- SMALL MIRACLES
No, I didn't find my SD card, but I might as well have. Here is the story:
I had taken my SD card to Walmart to have a CD made. There were six months worth of photos on the card. As I was sitting at the kiosk choosing the photos I wanted on the CD, I had the feeling I should just have every one copied, but instead I made the decision to just put October's pictures on, thinking I would come back later to do the rest. I put the SD card in my pocket and went on with my day. It was later that night when I realized that the SD card was missing. I was very sad but realized it was my own fault- I didn't copy the pictures like I should have, and I didn't take care to put the SD card back in the camera right away. Fast forward one month- being so busy with school and finals, I had delayed picking up the CD that I had made. I finally went to get it at Walmart and just today opened up the envelope to look at it. There were the pictures of October like I had ordered, but also the pictures for March. Not November, December, January or February- just October and March. Because I had already written posts for those other months, some of the pictures are on my computer, but I had nothing for March at all, I had thought those pictures were gone. Would it have been a big deal if I didn't have them? No. Are they spectacular pictures? No. Are they important to me? Yes. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but a small miracle to me nonetheless. I'm so thankful for small miracles, and I'm so thankful for Heavenly Father, who loves His children, and watches over them, even when they least expect it. And... I'm thankful I can add these pictures to my March post.

IN LIKE A LION
Finally some snow on March 1st. We have had such a strange winter with hardly any snow. I haven't really shoveled at all and the snow pants and snow boots were really not even used. Even this snow storm was pretty well melted by the next day. I'm not complaining though- this is definitely my kind of winter.




THE COUNTY FAIR
The 4th grade at T's school put on a county fair to show all of the things that they have been learning about the state of Utah. T was given Tooele county to research. He had to find out some interesting facts about it as well as history and things to do in the county. I think he did a great job! It was fun to walk through and see all of the different county projects and hear the 4th graders sing the song- "Utah, this is the place!"

RILEY AND JURNIE
I can't believe how big Jurnie has gotten since we saw her just eight months ago. She is such a cute little thing and not shy at all! It was fun to have her and Riley and Aunt Holly and Uncle John here for a few days. We wish that we could have spent more time with them and we wish they lived closer. We were sad to see them go but happy for the time we had with them!
Cute sisters.




S and Jurnie loved playing together.


No comments:

Post a Comment